Monday, February 3, 2014

Pre-Confernce Workshop at FETC

Well, I missed the snow and the subsequent shut down of Atlanta, but I did experience a four-day flurry of information! (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)  On Tuesday, I attended a hands-on, bring-your-own-device (BYOD) workshop with Kathy Schrock. I first heard of Kathy Schrock when I was getting my first Master's Degree at Georgia State University in the mid-90s! She one of the country's first school librarian's to create an interactive Library Website, for which she won many accolades and much attention from colleges training school librarians.

I attended a three-hour workshop, Creating with the iPad. We used Bloom's Revised Taxonomy to design, construct, produce and create projects using Apps for iPads.

In a whirlwind, the Apps which we learned about and / or used included:

 Ask3
Audioboo
Baiboard
Educreations
Graphio Lite
Haiku Deck
HokusaiIdea Sketch
Inkflow Free
Instashare
MagicPlan
MindMash
Montaj
Pic Collage
Pixntell
Popplet Lite
ScreenChomp
ShowMe IWB
Sock Puppets
T-Charts
Tellagami
Videolicious
Vimeo
Vittle Free
Xsync

I will be sharing these with teachers and hopefully we'll start seeing student creations soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment