Thursday, January 30, 2014

On the Expo Floor

Let's face it, everybody likes free stuff. Going to an Expo is a great place to get free stuff. I scored pens and pencils, candy, post-it notes, some toy like items, and a few coveted t-shirts!!

In full disclosure, I must admit that I visited a few booths only to see if I could get a t-shirt. One such booth was the Houghlin-Mifflin Textbook booth. They had awesome looking t-shirts. The booth was set up in small presentation style, hinting that one would have to listen to some boring fascinating presentation to "earn" the t-shirt. I decided it was worth it, even if it meant hearing about textbook publishing, so I sat down. Much to my surprise, they had a guest speaker, Erik Palmer, who spoke about the importance of teaching and learning "speaking." Check out his website, pvlegs.com

(In addition to hearing a great presentation, learning about a website to use, and having the opportunity to win an autographed book, I did walk away with a great t-shirt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment